Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Lawnscaping #37

So did everyone who celebrated Independence Day this week have a great one?  We did.  My DH ran a 20k in the morning and then we took the kids to an indoor water park for 2 nights.  It was so much fun and the timing was perfect as the water park was air conditioned and the weather here has been unbearably hot.  It seems wrong to complain about the summer when you live in MI and never know what the winter will bring, but when it's in the high 90's low 100's and humid you don't want to be outside enjoying the sun.  You're holed up inside in the air conditioning... unless you're my crazy husband who biked down to the YMCA to swim and then biked back home when it was 103... he's a nut job... but I love him :).

So now that we're back home and I'm at my computer in my nice cool scrap room I hope to be stopping at your blogs soon.

I have one little project to share that I did for Lawnscaping Challenge #37.  I'm so excited because last time I played along with them I was an Honorable Gnome.  I'm not exactly sure what that means except that I get a super cute blinkie to add to my side bar... so I'm excited.  The challenge this time is...

And here's the card that I made...
The Lawn Fawn stamp sets used are sunny skies, critters in the 'burbs, gnome sweet gnome, and fanciful frames.  I colored all the pieces with Copics, fussy cut them and popped the kite, cloud, sun, and the tree leaves.  I attempted some sky-like shadowing behind some of the pieces and yay... it actually turned out.

That's it... thanks for looking ! :)

15 comments:

Roxy said...

Hey,congrats, "honorable gnome"! This is a great card, I love how you've combined all those sets, and the tree looks like it's literally jumping right out at me! It's been pretty hot here too, and I've been inside a lot, I don't deal that well with the heat, heehee! Guess Canada's a good place for me! And your husband does sound a bit extreme, but good for him - must make ya proud! Hugs, Rox.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That's AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is amazing...you're a real gnome????!!!!!! Whatever it means, it's different:):):) I love that sky shadowing you've done...very professional looking:):):)

sandi said...

Love your sweet little card! Simply adorable!

Elena said...

so cute! I love how you grouped the cloud and the sun and added some shading behind them - such a great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping challenges!

Theresa said...

omg!! I've really been a bad blogger, when you can get a few posts out and I don't even know.. ha! This card is awesome.. I love it and congrats on the honorable gnome.. very cool. it is a cute blinkie. =) Glad you are back home and had fun. I missed you.

~amy~ said...

I love it!!

Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping challenge!

Deb Hickman said...

What a fab card, I love it, great shadowing !!! Deb xxx

Lynnda said...

COngrats Lea!! you well deserved!!! And this card is pretty and cute... you can never go wrong with LF stamp eh... I love to bits!!! hugs...xoxo

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable scene on your card. :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a lovely and cute one!
Ya, tell me about the heat, we are lucky in the way that it is not humid here but still, I am already thinking where should I go next to escape the heat.

Heather Jacob said...

love it Lea .. just beautiful x

Joe Shien Shien said...

I love the way you use the frame. It liven up the scene. Thank you playing over at Lawnscaping

Ella Swan said...

Gorgeous card! Love the shading!! Hope you achieve gnome-like status again :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lea! Been a while since I've posted, working hard. I'm hoping to get back in the groove of things soon :)
Thanks for checking in :)